After months of making thousands of phone calls, our overwhelming digital actions, such as sending thousands of emails and sharing social media posts, as well as more than 3,000 of us rallying at the state capitol and going back again and again to Sacramento, we made it clear to Governor Newsom that we weren’t backing down. The result of our organizing and collective power is that he finally listened.
Our elected bargaining team is excited to announce that we ratified our new, 2-year contract with the State of California. Our contract includes a pathway to implement provider payment based on the actual cost of providing care, a subsidy rate increase per child, $80 million for a historic, first-of-its-kind retirement fund, continued money for healthcare, training, and more.
Our contract includes:
- a pathway to implement payment based on the actual cost of providing care
- a subsidy rate increase per child
- $80 million per year for a historic first-of-its-kind retirement fund
- Continued funding for CCPU Health Care Reimbursement Fund and CCPU Training Fund
- a two-year extension to payment by enrollment, not attendance
- Lowered hours per week to qualify for full-time reimbursement allowing more kids to qualify for full-time rates, and more!
Contract expires July 1, 2025
The new rates will be based upon your region defined by the state below. Using the form below, you will be able to estimate your new rates.
Rate Increase: beginning January 1, 2024, per-child, per month additional rate amounts shall be as follows:
|Region||Licensed Family Child Care Providers||License-Exempt
Central: Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Monterey, Sacramento, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, Stanislaus, Tulare
Northern: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, Yuba
Southern: Imperial, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura
Bay Area: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma
Your Child Care Providers United Negotiations Team